Monday, May 7, 2007

monday in paris

hello all, today is the first day that i have made it to an internet cafe, last night was also the first time since friday that i had a chance to actually sleep.

i'm near Juliette's apartment and we're off to go to a couple of shops (my favorite bookstore here; Shakespeare & Co http://shakespeareco.org/ among them)

it's taking me exceedingly long to type this out as french keyboards are set up a bit differently than american ones.

Last night we were at Juliette's friend Olivier's house to watch the french presidential election results and aftermath. Nicholas Sarkozy won against Segolene Royal. Sarkozy is very anti-immigrant, very conservative; a fascist by my estimation who wants to dictate rather than take notes from the people, much like the american president.

Just a note, I can't send pictures from my phone as I was hoping to do, i'll have to upload them when i get back, sorry!

Tonight I have dinner with the rest of Juliette's friends, and tomorrow we go to the suburbs of Paris for lunch with some of her family.

Au revoir!

No comments: